DIY Tea Bags
Poetry in every cup
Diy tea bags was really fun and easy crafts project to do. You can treat yourself to so many versions from the tea flavours to the design you choose. Also, if you know any tea lovers this lovely idea will make a thoughtful gift idea as well. Is your friend leaving work and going on maternity leave? Is it your nan’s birthday soon? Are you looking for fun handmade gift ideas to make with the kiddos? Well – you’re in the right place. The tools are really simple – you can use gauze, coffee filters cut to any shape you want and stitched together, pressed flowers or a washi tape. After that just pick your favourite tea – fruit teas, herbal teas, black teas or decaf.
This article may contain affiliate links. To find out more please read the Terms and Conditions.
DIY Tea Bags
Preparation time: 30 mins
- 7 squares of sterile gauze (cut to 7 x 7cm)
- Cotton thread
- Paper for tags (TIPS: ready labels designed on a computer and printed off, painted and cut in small pieces, hand-written using calligraphy technique. I used a sheet of handmade paper which you can learn how to do in my easy Papermaking Course, teared into small 1 x 1inch pieces)
- Sealing wax in Pearl Ivory shade
- Spoon to melt the sealing wax
- Sealing stamp
- Variety od pressed flowers
Cut up the gauze in 7 x 7cm squares. Lay them down next to each other and fill each with one an 1/2 a tea spoon of a loose leaf tea of your choice.
Cut the thread in strands approx. 10cm long and use one end to tie the gauze with the tea inside.
Place the second end on top of your tea tag, melt 1 cm piece of the sealing wax stick above the candle and pour on top of the tag.
While the sealing wax is still hot gently place a pressed flower on top and press with the sealing stamp until the wax cools down.
Remove the sealing stamp and here it is – your first homemade tea bag!
Leave a Reply